Sunday, April 24, 2016

Response to Course Material

These past few weeks have gone by a little too quickly. We have spent most of our class time doing various forms of practice for the AP exam. While I missed the Blitzkrieg activities, I found the other ones quite useful. Perhaps the most helpful activity for me was the quick annotation and analysis of poetry and prose. This is pretty much exactly what we will have to do to prepare for the essays on the exam. The same skills also carry over to the multiple choice section, where analysis is certainly required, although it is a bit more predetermined which direction we go. We have also started reading Fifth Business, and have had one discussion. I did not find the discussion extremely useful because we were limited by the amount of the book everyone had covered. How can we connections and draw conclusions when we are limited to the first few pages? What is there to draw a connection with? I hope that after everyone has read, we will have deeper ideas to discuss. We have also done a practice closed prompt, which I thought went well, but I will never truly know because peer grading is like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment